or

Monday, November 04, 2019

Caldera to New Orleans-Oct. 11-Oct. 25, 2019



Caldera, to New Orleans--October 8 to October 27, 2019

Crystal Symphony





Because there is no direct non-stop flight from Boston to San José, Costa Rica, I flew Jet Blue to Fort Lauderdale on October 8 and stayed overnight. The next day I took a late morning flight to San José, and I arrived early afternoon refreshed.

I stayed 2 nights in Heredia, suburb of San José, at the Hacienda Belen, a Marriott property. It is a beautiful hotel with a stunning long driveway, entrance and grounds. On the 2nd day through the hotel I booked a private tour to all the surrounding areas--from the huts/shacks of San José to the beauty of Alajuela, Escazú, Belen, Santa Ana, Heredia. 

My private transfer of about 90 minutes from the hotel to the port of Caldera, a rather undistinguished or even ugly port, was through beautiful countryside.

Our cruise was along the west coast of Costa Rica with ports of call in Quepos, Golfito, Panama City, through the Panama Canal (my 3rd or 4th time), Catagena (Columbia), Puerto Limón on the east coast of Costa Rica, cruising the Caribbean, Cozumel (Mexico), finally docking in New Orleans on October 25th. 

I stayed for 2 nights at the Windsor Court, an exquisite hotel with impeccable amenities and service. I loved New Orleans: music everywhere, the cuisine, the culture (I was addressed as Miss Mary). And, of course, no trip to New Orleans is complete without a visit to the famous Café du Monde and sampling their beignets and coffee! 



View from my room at the Heredia Hacienda Belen Hotel  


Formal night on board Crystal Symphony


 Curtis Collins and Beverly Durand performed an Argentine Tango that would rival any professional performance that I attended in Buenos Aires.



White Night


Scenes from New Orleans





































No comments:

Post a Comment