or

Saturday, April 14, 2018

An Evening with Audra McDonald




Celebrity Series of Boston presents 

An Evening with Audra McDonald

Friday, April 13, 2018

Symphony Hall

Brian Hertz, Piano; Mark Vanderpoel, Bass; Gene Lewin, Drums

  
Six-time Tony award winner, two Grammy awards and an Emmy award, Audra charmed her audience with her rich interpretations of songs interspersed with warm, friendly anecdotes and interactions with her audience.

Remembering how she felt on 9/11, she recounted how important it is to focus on what matters in life and decided the answer is in the song "Make Someone Happy" each day! 

I eagerly anticipated her rendition of my favorite "I Could Have Danced All Night" in which she encouraged her audience to join in on the second chorus.

Audra absolutely sparkled for nonstop 90 minutes of the American Songbook plus an encore of "Over The Rainbow."

  Recalling how I was enthralled by her performance in March 2015, I was eagerly anticipating this return visit. I was not disappointed! Click  



Nancy Grossman review for BWW click here:

  

1 comment: