or

Tuesday, May 04, 2004

Paris-April 2004

The Eiffel Tower is a sight to behold on the hour for 10 minutes...What a sight to behold! It made me think of the sparklers we had as kids for Fourth of July. I saw the new lighting for the first time last October. I have taken the Bateaux Mouches innumerable times during the day and at night. I like it best at night to enjoy the City of Light.

I attended an exquisite performance of La Traviata at the Opéra Bastille. All 3 leads, Violetta, Alfredo, Germont, were excellent. I also attended the Ballet at the Opéra Garnier; however, this performance featured choreography by Nijinski, Paul Taylor and Davide Bombana, and I much prefer classical ballet. Incidentally, the Bolshoi Ballet will be coming to Boston in early October under the aegis of FleetBoston Celebrity Series. We also saw Et si on chantait?, an enchanting musical with happy and sad songs, many of Jacques Brel’s, such as “Ne me quitte pas.” You did not need to be fluent in French to get the gist of the very limited story.

La Traviata….at the Opéra Bastille

Elsa Schiaparelli exhibition

Et si on chantait…. a musical at the Theatre Daunou

Ballet at the Opéra Garnier

Dinner…L’Atelier 2 times; Le Bistro de Breteuil 2 times; Galerie at the George V; Le Petit Zinc

Luxembourg Gardens

No comments:

Post a Comment